Aug 31, 2011

Mask-Saya Sa Masskara Festival

Why do you want to experience and join that festival?

My husband and I have been married for two years but we don't have a child yet. We’ve been together for twelve years before we decided to get married. We vowed to enjoy each other's company first before we decide to try parenthood.

Just recently our marriage and our respective maturities got tested. While I don't want to divulge the details for some personal reasons, I would say that we are now slowly and surely recovering from it. Amidst all the trials,I thank God for giving me a husband and a family who just didn’t give up. My husband was really my knight in shining armor at the time when I felt emotionally wrecked but it was my mother who went the extra mile in supporting and guiding me through this ordeal. If there was one thing I thank the Lord for out of this ordeal, it was the chance he gave me to rekindle and better my relationship with my mother.

I want to be able to experience the Masskara Festival as a gift for my loving mother. She had never had the experience of travelling because she was always busy with her work as a dedicated public school teacher and as a doting mother and wife.I know that this opportunity will give us a breather from all the woes that we’ve been through.

Our story and the history of the Masskara Festival both sprung from tragic and sorrowful events which turned out as great opportunities. The opportunity to experience this festival will help us pull ourselves out of the pervasive gloomy emotions surrounding our recovery. The celebration of the Masskara festival had been an assertion by the people of the city that no matter how tough and bad the times were, their city, Bacolod is going to pull through, survive, and eventually triumph. This is exactly the kind of feeling and energy we need at the moment– to rise above, survive and eventually resume and conquer life. I just want my mother to feel that she is appreciated and that I want to see her mask-saya again.

"Experience MassKara Festival, Hermosa Festival and Lanzones Festival this October. Airphil Express flies daily to BACOLOD, ZAMBOANGA and CAGAYAN DE ORO from Cebu and Manila. Visit www.airphilexpress.com to book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin