Feb 4, 2013

My Old Man's 60th Birthday

Yesterday was a busy day for me. We have a Family Day in school (yes, I know it's a Sunday affair) and I am busy preparing for my daddy's 60th birthday. I want this 60th birthday to be special since he was hospitalized and has been put in ICU last December and I wanna make sure he will be at the company of the people that matters to him.
My father was never extravagant. He hates all things that spell out extravagance (he still uses an old Nokia phone up to now) and loves simplicity even with way he dresses. Mom prepared the food for his birthday: Menudo, mom's special BBQ, Spaghetti, Fruit Salad, Chicken Sotanghon and Ice Cream while I brought in my share: Yang Chow fried rice, Lumpiang Shanghai, Chinese Chicken, Pata Tim, Chicken Feet (dad's favorite) and Pancit canton. My cousin Jen and her husband Ver, brought the cake. 
It was a very simple yet meaningful birthday for my dad. His brothers all came together during lunch with his nephews and nieces and during the early dinner, my titas, uncles and cousins from my mother's side arrived.Family friends soon joined during the late evening. Daddy shed a tear (he became really emotional right after his mild stroke in December) and we know those are nothing but tears of joy.
To my old man, my daddy, my protector, my confidante...soon to be lolo...HAPPY 60th Birthday!
We love you! 
(Ill be posting the pictures soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin