Feb 17, 2013

My Fourth Prenatal Visit

Last February 16, hubby and I went to BF Maternity Clinic to see Dra. Samoy (my ob-gyne) for my fourth pre-natal check up. Hubby called at around 4pm so I can be listed already. We arrived at around 6pm and we thought that the doctor wouldn't be there yet, but this time though, she was indeed early. They were calling out the third patient in the list and fortunately I was next.
Well I was not thrilled to know that I gained three pounds over a month (since I lost 2 pounds during our last visit) but my doctor said it is but normal at this stage of pregnancy. I am in my 14-15th week of pregnancy and I can say that this time, I am starting to look pregnant. My blood pressure is normal at 90/60 and my ob-gyne used a fetal doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat. I was advised to go easy on sweets and rice which I really am finding difficult to do since I feel really tired from a day of teaching if I am to eat without rice.
Well, let's see. I am hoping to maintain that 3 pounds gain and not gain further. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin