Dec 13, 2012

Two Lines=Positive

I have been bugging Eds to buy a home pregnancy kit for a week now but he insists that I am probably just imagining things since we both know how erratic my periods are. Weeks before, I frequented Divisoria and noticed that I really find it tiring now more than ever. I also insisted to my mom that we eat in Lydia's lechon the last time I went to Divisoria with her. Aside from my period gone missing for two weeks now, I also noticed how tired I am upon arriving home that I literally can't lift myself out if the bed.
With much prodding, I succeeded and finally had Eds buy a home pregnancy test. I tested in the evening and yes, there were two lines. I immediately told Eds about the results and he smiled and winked. I felt happy seeing the reaction on his face but fear, anxiety and a whole lot of different emotions started to flood my mind. Is this accurate? Is this test reliable? After all I have been through a lot of suspected pregnancies in our first three years of marriage. I told Eds everything going on inside my head and he told me that if I want, I can have a second test in the morning where HCG levels are supposed to be more concentrated.

3 AM, December 13
I woke up early and went to grab the home pregnancy test before marching to the comfort room...after only 5 seconds, two lines appeared again. POSITIVE.

I think my mind was more stable this morning that it was the last night. I uttered a prayer of thanksgiving to the Lord that finally, or heart's most ardent desire has been answered. Are we telling other people yet? No, not until we are really 100% sure that I am pregnant. For now, it's our sweet little secret to keep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin