Nov 18, 2008

READY…SET…GO!


Both of us considered our guest’s convenience when we were on the process of choosing our venue for both the reception and the church. I immediately discounted the idea of having a Manila wedding since Manila is too congested with numerous other weddings and receptions. We considered Cipriano’s Garden (PROBLEM: Nearest Church), Ysabel Garden (PROBLEM: Accomodations), Paradiso Terreste (which is the nearest of all), Island Cove Hotel & Leisure Park and Josephine’s Watercamp and Restaurant. Honestly, I was biased towards Island Cove Hotel since I had been personally to that place for a company seminar and I have nothings but the best recommendations for its amenities and services ( I even got myself a brochure for their wedding packages when I had a seminar…ESP stuff?). I talked to several friends who have held an event in Paradiso Terrestre and learned of several glitches. A lot of friends told me they have encountered frequent changing of package stipulations. After such, I decided that Paradiso was not among my option. We went Eds. She fell in love at Island Cove instantly to Island Cove and Josephine’s with my mom andand I felt that even though she agreed to visit Josephne’s, right there and then, she had made her choice. Ms. Sharon Dueñas of Island Cove was very courteous and accommodating especially during my numerous inquiries. We were able to block the date of May 16, 2009 one year before.If you think that’s where the problem stops, think again. Second in the list was the venue for the ceremony. Among our choices were St. Mary Magdalene which is a century old, red-bricked church in Kawit, Nature’s Church in Las Piñas (famous for its Anahaw ceiling), Our Lady of Lourdes in Covelandia Rd. with its open air altar and finally St. Michael the Archangel, an old red-bricked church built in 1752 and from where Padre Mariano Gomez (GOMBURZA) used to be a parish priest (that’s a plus point for historical value). We zeroed in for St. Michael the Archangel which we got for only Php3,500.00 inclusive of the use of red carpet, the choir, the electricity and the parish priest (who happens to be our former parish priest!) stipend. They have a credited flower shop for the flower arrangements which is just near the area so it wouldn’t be much of a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin