Jun 26, 2009

My Life's Extra Challenge...

I recently joined the team of Special Events by the Planner (of Beth and Lovey).They were looking for another partnerand I thought this was a good opportunity to to spend my extra time and also a good training ground for me in case I do decide to put up my own wedding coordination team in a few years.
During my initial talk with Lovey, she warned me that wedding coordination is not a glamorous occupation. That is indeed TRUE! It is a very tedious job and a person must be passionate in doing this.
Below are some of the downside of wedding coordination:

1. You will barely sit down!
2. No wedding is perfect but should be caused by any one of the team, or we will surely hear it from Beth.
3. Early call time super late pack ups.
4. Multiple meetings in a day!
5. Late lunch or dinners.
6. Time away from family-this is the iggest obstacle for me being a newlywed.
Here are some of those I consider as the best parts of being a wedding coordinator:

1. The Perks!!! You get a lot of souvenirs -extra guest favors, the minicakes or the photobooth souvenir shots.
2. Meeting and working with the best of the best in the wedding industry.
3. I'll always be grateful to our wedding suppliers who made our wedding a dream come true. And to be able to give that same feeling to another couple is already a reward.
4. The warm appreciation and praises from the family members of the couple.
5. Going to venues I haven't been before- Oasis, Splendido, Palms etc.
6. Becoming a witness of love-the couple's exchange of personal vows, their tribute to parents, the dances between parents and children. These are priceless moments of love you don't see evryday and its a blessing to witness them.
Currently, Im a rookie wife working as a private high school teacher (full time) and the new challenge for me is time management ever since I ventured into this business.
So if you're deciding to become a wedding coordinator yourself, think again. If you're up to the challenge and are passionate enough to do it, then by all means suportahan taka!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin