Dec 15, 2008

One day...I just cooked!

My brother is at the hospital and has been there for 3 days now; he’s been under observation for typhoid fever. It’s just me and our angel (our term of endearment for our housemaid) who gets to stay at the house since mom is looking after my brother and dad is busy with his North Luzon Expressway project. Ever since, cooking has always been my hobby I would frequently stood by my grandma’s side every time she would cook and I think that I got my talent from her. Since I’m sick and tired of eating our angel’s lechon kawali and adobo, this time I decided to cook our dinner (haven’t done that for a long time). I decided to cook a vegetable meal-Ampalaya Sauteed with Egg. Here’s my recipe….






Sauteed Ampalaya with Egg



Ingredients:
2 tbsp. cooking oil 2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, minced
1 medium tomato, minced
1 cup of thinly sliced pork (you can use your lechon kawali at the fridge)
1 cup shrimp (deveined)1/2 cup water 1 medium ampalaya, sliced thinly 1 egg, beaten
Cooking Procedure:


1. Heat oil and saute garlic, onions, tomatoes and pork slices.
2. Pour in water. Stir in ampalaya and simmer around 4 min.
3. Stir in beaten egg and cook another 2 min.
4. Season with fish sauce, sugar and/or any ginisa mix.5. Serve hot with fried danggit or any fried fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin