Mar 2, 2009

These Words…


I was asking Eds this morning about the wordings for our ring engraving. I mentioned a couple of lines but I was so (I mean sooooooooooo) touched when Eds suddenly uttered these words…
Semper Fidelis. At first I was like “what?” because I obviously don’t speak Latin (I speak Spanish though!), after a while it hit me--The U.S. marine corps motto but I really don’t know what it means, then he might have seen that curious look on my face, he reached out for my hand, looked at me (I forgot to tell him he is driving!) and said- ALWAYS FAITHFUL.
That was sweet (despite it being the US Marine Corp motto!) especially when he said the first time he had read about its meaning, he knew that it was the best phrase to describe our relationship and the perfect phrase to engrave on our rings. I was really teary eyed when I heard him say that… and it’s still I my head even up to now that I typing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin