Apr 3, 2009

How Our Journey Started...

“God planned Love to come in strange ways for the boy never thought it would be her...the girl never thought it would be him. But the Lord thought otherwise…”


Our 1st Year Class Picture

I was a Fresh men transferee when we were in high school, he was the Woodridgean baby. We were classmates in first year but didn’t get to talk that much. I became close to a group of the“ingirls while, unlike most of the boys, Eds was rather shy but friendly. He wasn’t really my crush then and there were other boys courting me…a fellow freshman student, a grade six student and even a third year student (haha..Im bragging about it daw!). I know as well, that he has a crush on this other girl (not from our school though). Months passed by and nearing the start of the last quarter, I was transferred seat. He was sitting infront of me so I began to notice him more and more. He was really shy but he has this humor in him. He figured out in a fight then with a classmate who was really a bully and I began teasing him about it and we became more and more acquainted with each other. Soon after, I got sick and had to be absent for like a week and a half. I think that gave me a realization (and on his part as well as he told it to me) that I’ve been missing his company.


When I came back, we were more relaxed with Each other’s company as friends This batch mate of ours and I were always teased by our teachers so it might have hindered whatever plans he has.


Second year…well, nothing much happened as we were not classmates. Our batch mate who was still courting me ended up as my classmate. I felt like whatever is it that we invested in our freshmen years suddenly disappeared as teachers, classmates and friends would often identify me with this batchmate of ours. It was a good thing though that nearing the end of the fourth quarter, the friendship that we had was somehow revived (thanks Sean!).


Our 3rd Year Class Picture

Third year…well I will forever cherish this high school year. Eds and I became classmates again (even this batch mate too!...haha) and this time because of Sean’s endless parinigs, we suddenly became an item. Teachers and classmates began to relate me with him and the probable reason was that this time, I felt like there was more than just friendship between us. Eventhough I have this feeling that he was courting me already, I felt it wasn’t safe to assume.
One time, he made a comment that I shouldn’t be talking to him as it might make this batchmate of ours jealous so I said there’s nothing that he (our batch mate) should be jealous of as he (our batch mate) is not my boyfriend and that we were just talking and not courting me. I guess (haha…actually I was implying it!) it kinda made things clear to him that all through the years, there really was nothing going on between that batchmate and I.
That conversation led to many other conversations-some serious, some were not, during recess, lunch break, or dismissal. I began noticing him transferring to the seat next to me if there were no teachers (especially Mr. Al and Ms. Mariz, our adviser) and soon enough, our classmates, began noticing it too.

It was Valentines day when this batch mate of mine made a public announcement about his “love” for me…I entered the classroom seeing this heart-shaped balloons tied on my chair with chocolates and a big card (yup, prang TGIS!). I was kinda saddened when I read the name of that batch mate instead of Eds’, because I was kinda hoping he would make things clear for us that time. He went to my seat and teased me about the balloons and the gifts I received (to be honest, I was mad at him that time!) and borrowed my book in economics. Soon after, during recess, Yvonne (a good friend and high school classmate) handed me the book and said there was something inside- a Valentine’s card from Eds. That card made my day!
Months went by and We enjoyed each other's company even more and the next thing we knew- we were mutually infatuated already.March 5, 2007 was the day when Eds (despite being shy and because of the song “If I Let You Go” by Westlife) he finally expressed his feelings. Without a doubt, I answered him. Other’s think it would just be a young love that would soon fade in maturity, but ours refused to.
This story happened 12 years ago and if I were to put every single detail of our 12 years together, the space in this site wouldn’t be enough. Yes, 12 years ago… and 45 days from now, this woman who was once a girl waiting for this shy boy to make his move will be walking down the aisle to meet with this man.
12 years, same heart, same love.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who would come by your story would also feel "inlove"... kakahawa.. hehehe..

    I'm so happy for you Aby... The kind of destiny that befell you guys are one in a million... Alot of people have tried to work on long-term relationships but ended up in vain, pero you guys, you triumphed over everything and a few days from now, you'll be officially his and hers forever...

    I wish you all the best sis in your upcoming married life... Thank you for being such a good friend and sis to me... Your friendship is something I will hold dear, forever..

    Advance best wishes and congratulations to Eds... You will surely have the dream wedding on May 16... I will bet on that... =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin