May 18, 2009

From Dreamers to Doers...

Wow, I really missed blogging…it has been almost 9 days since I blogged my last entry…
Well so much has taken place since Our Big Day that I literally need to write them down so I can remember them.
Flashback to May 15, 2009
MORNING
I woke up early for the last minute packing of wedding paraphernalias and have our confession which was scheduled at 7:00 am at the Parish of St. Michael. Eds came at around 6:00 am, we had breakfast of homemade Pork Tocino, fried egg and rice before we headed to the church along with my brother, my cousins Jen and Angelo.
I was so amazed when I saw the church because it has drapes on it (talk about luck and Divine Intervention!) and it was really set-up there since the Parish is celebrating their month-long fiesta.Not only was it adorned with drapes (ala Juday-Ryan), it also has some gold and yellow fabrics which adorns the altar…

Church Drapings


The confession really didn’t take that long and t wasn’t the usual confession that I was expecting…actually Eds was memorizing The Act of Contrition on our way to the church. I went first and after a good 15-minute, it was Eds’ turn. All in all, it took us just about 30 minutes, after which we had a short chat with Fr. Sharkey who reminded us not to be late so we can have longer time for picture taking.
NOON
We had lunch at our house-Mechado (c/o my lola) and Pork bbq (mom’s specialty). My luggages were all set and so with Eds. However, I was having tantrums as per the schedules made by my other relatives and some “friends” who were all cancelling just now (katuwa diba?). Anyway, Eds was supposed to be checking in with us by 2 p.m., however, Citimotors called up saying that his SUV is scheduled for temporary release. He will be checking in at a later time along with my future in-laws.
AFTERNOON
I together with my aunts Tita Loida & Tita Susan, my cousins Gel & Josh, gathered all the wedding paraphernalias on the way to check in at Island Cove. It was a smooth travel except for the usual traffic along Aguinaldo Highway. When we arrived at Island Cove, we were received very well. They were prompt in assisting us even asking for more staff to help us carry our numerous luggages. We booked 2 simplex cabanas (single detached), 1 Hotel superior and 1 executive veranda (their biggest room).




Tita Susan, Tita Loida & Josh.


One of the 2 Simplex we reserved.

Taking a pose at my room's veranda.

A quick dip at the pool.

When we arrived my cousin Josh was too eager to roam around Island Cove but my tita insisted that we arrange the wedding stuff first and glad we did it that early. It was so cold in my room that Angelo (another cousin) fell asleep easily and it was WiFi zone.
Then I obliged to have a dip in the pool to release all the tension and stress of the day yet to come and hit the Jacuzzi (which was stone throw away from my veranda).Since my other cousins and Eds’ family were not yet around, we decided to have their cabanas all prepped up by turning the airconditioning units on and ready for their arrival.
EVENING
After my quick hiatus to the pool, I went back to watch my two cousins as they were enjoying their swimming, then Eds along with Mama Cora and Papa Ed and the rest of his family and relatives arrived. They were delighted to see the cabana and delighted with how big Island Cove was.
Eds and his brother, Em, went to check their room (Hotel Superior) before having our dinner.
We had a sumptuous meal at the Sangley Point restaurant along with Tita Loida, Tita Susan, Josh, Gelo and Eds. Eds and Josh both had pasta Bolognese, me and Tita Loida ordered Fetuccine Meat Carbonarra, Tita Susan had Aioli Shrimp Pasta while Gelo had Chicken Bbq Skewers. Though the meals were a bit pricey, the serving size and the taste compensates for it.
While we were having dinner, my cousins along with my lola, my other titas and my parents came.My parents originally planned to stay but opted to just pay a visit since my cousins all occupied the cabana.

Eds and I paid our venue a visit and boy, it was prepped up at this early time...


Our venue...a day before the Big Day...

I was really happy that they were all enjoying their time and each other’s company. In fact my cosuins planned on having overnight swimming but Island Cove has a 10pm curfew…hehe.


Super enjoy @ Island Cove...

LATE EVENING
Just when you think I was already sleeping, I checked out my emails from W@W and even posted an entry to my blog. Afterwhich, I spent time taking crazy pics along with my girls (cousins) to my maid of honors horror…she literally kept on saying “Ano ba, patulugin nyo na ang bride!” .

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin